Sunday, May 17, 2009

Planting time


Yesterday was planting time at Grandma and Grandpa O's.



I laid out the grids. Grandma got out her grid plan
and decided w
here she wanted to plant her seeds
and starts.




Then she planted them in the grid that she had
planned for them.
She then wrote down where each different plant
or plants were to be
so that we would not forget what was where.




As the last picture shows we already
had some

tomato plants.
They are dwarf tomatoes and they
already have a few small
tomatoes on them about
the size of a marble.




We first put cardboard underneath
the box to keep the weeds
from coming up through the mixture.




Each box contains a mixture of compost
(which we got at the city
dump),
some peat moss, and some vermiculite.
We mixed it all together and that forms
the basis of our plant food.
There is no soil.



Now we hope it all grows and gives us tasty results!!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! Looks so awesome!! It looks so professional and nice! I'm excited to see them in person! Love you guys!!

Jdougolsen said...

Nice garden boxes! I hope the veggies and such grow, too! Just don't tell them whose yard they are in! :)

Suzanne said...

That looks awesome! I hope everything grows wonderful and delicious for you! Way to go!